Tuesday 7 February 2017

Pregnancy Diary ~ 16 Weeks


It always feels like 16 weeks should be held as a landmark pregnancy week. I don't really know why I feel this way. Maybe because weeks 12 and 20 are usually quite notable in the pregnancy calendar or maybe because it marks your 4th month beginning. Either way I was very pleased to reach this point.
My sickness is considerably less than this week than it has been in previous weeks (although I am still throwing up on occasion). I'm finding the nausea slightly more predictable. *




My stomach has definitely 'popped' nearing the end of this week. I no longer feel like I'm stashing away a food baby but an actual one! My work friends have started to comment on my little bump.


Food of the week: Homemade bread (machine made) with lashings of butter and Vegemite; Crisps and Fruit. <-- Oh look something healthy!
Due to my previous weight being lower than was expected at my 9 week appointment I have been referred to see a Dietician. I thought I would go along with this as I want to seem as co-operative as possible however there really is no need. The reason my BMI was so low is because I had morning sickness. No doubt through my abuse of chocolate mini eggs and crisps my weight is back on track now and besides, the appointment they sent through was for Mid-April! (Which, if there was an issue with my eating, would probably be too late anyway).


I will upload a bump pic to the bottom of this post as soon as I can!
As a side note, we don't have a name we call the baby in utero yet... Any suggestions?


Love Mel xxx


*Except for one morning on the bus where I was convinced I was going to vomit into my handbag on the early commute to work!



No comments:

Post a Comment